Saturday 29 May 2010

8) Amin Maaluf

I read the text The Death Identity which was written by Amin Maaluf because of studying to pub-quiz. Actually, I did not understand this story well but I have an idea about double nationality. also, he tells about the difficulties of chosing the identity if person belong two different countries. The author was born in Libenon but after 27 years, he had lived in France for 22 years. At the begining, he mentoined thathow his feelings was about where he come from. Then, he comment people come from where they feel deep inside. So, I think that it must be like that because after living in some where for a long time, person becomes as the citizen of that country because he or she adopts the cukture of countries. his or her life style is shaped with this country's conditions. who can decide where this person belong. However, we live under legacy which includes rules to administrate country and according to this rules the nationality of people who adopted another country. they can not chose.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree..I feel that I am also British now, but the state does not recognise me as such. All these boundaries are completely artificial.

    ReplyDelete