Sunday 23 May 2010

6)The summer section

In the summer section, there are two important point. These are the the action which is dobe by Frieda and claudia to keep Pecola's baby alive ,and Pecola has the blue eyes .

I think the summer section is thebest part of the novel because we can see the real friendship. Frieda and Claudia show this friendship. Frieda and Claudia sacrifice their money which is saved for new bycle in order to keep baby alive. So, this is the big altruism because they are just near11 years old, they are children. In my opinion, their actions are very valuable as telling without words.
Another effective point in the novel is the having blue eye by Pecola. She becomes mad and starts to talk with imanigary friend. I think this shows the purity of the girl. She reacts her feeling as talking with nobody such as when the imaginary friend asked question about Cholly, she gets angry. Also, she assume that shehad blue eye in the end of the story. I think she wants to closed her eyes against the reality, she wants to be happy in the end.

1 comment:

  1. I liked summer part too because some of the problems are solved, some of them are not. I was waiting a different ending because Pecola had her self esteem but she could not use it, she became mad and she had an imaginary friend. Also, she raped second time from her father.:(( That event made me sad because I did not think Cholly could rape her daughter twice.

    ReplyDelete